Clutch Repairs Canterbury
For Professional Clutch Repairs and Replacement, Choose Elite Garages Canterbury.
The clutch is one of the most important components of your vehicle as it connects the engine to the drive wheels and enabling smooth gear changes. However, with regular use, the clutch will wear over time, leading to various issues that require professional attention. If you need clutch repairs or replacement services in Canterbury, Elite Garages is the ideal choice.
Our team of accredited and experienced clutch specialists understands the importance of having a fully functional vehicle and we provide dealership-quality service at competitive prices. From diagnosing the issue to clutch repairs or replacements, we have you covered.
Understanding the clutch mechanism?
The clutch comprises two metal plates inside the engine, with the flywheel carrying a pressure plate, pressure springs and the release bearings. When you press the clutch pedal, the plates come apart, separating the engine from the drive wheels, allowing you to change gear without grinding it. When you release the pedal, it engages the plates and reconnects the engine to the drive wheels.
Signs I may need clutch repairs or a replacement clutch
It’s essential to look out for any signs of clutch problems to avoid further damage and costly repairs. Some common indications that you may need clutch repairs or replacement services include:
- Difficulty changing gears or an unresponsive gear lever could be a sign of clutch wear.
- Unusual Noise: If you hear a strange noise when pressing or releasing the clutch pedal, it could indicate a problem with the clutch mechanism.
- A rattling or grinding noise when changing gears can be a sign of a worn or damaged clutch.
- A vibrating clutch pedal when you accelerate could be indicative of a damaged clutch plate.
- Loss of Acceleration: If you notice that you’re revving the engine while driving but little to no increase in speed, it could indicate a slipping clutch.
- Random Engine Revving: If your engine revs randomly higher or lower, it could be a sign of a clutch problem.
- If your clutch seems to ‘slip,’ causing a loss of acceleration or a complete loss of drive
When Should I Replace My Clutch?
This is a difficult question to answer since a clutch can last anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 miles but greatly depends on the type of vehicle and how you drive it. From tiny components such as bushes, pilot bearings, springs and screws to larger parts like the clutch disc, flywheel, pressure plate or release bearing – any issue may indicate you need either a new clutch or some repairs. Furthermore, problems could be located in the drive train or chassis too. Time to get that checked out!
At Elite Garages Canterbury, our clutch specialists will diagnose the issue and provide expert recommendations for repairs or replacement. We only use original parts recommended by manufacturers, and we provide a detailed breakdown of the costs before any work is done.
Don’t let a worn or damaged clutch cause more problems. Choose Elite Garages Canterbury for professional clutch repairs and replacement services. Visit any of our centres for a free clutch check and specialist advice if you think something isn’t quite right.