Why Book Your Car Service With Elite Garages?
Regardless of the vehicle you drive, it needs maintenance and a regular car service is part of the process. It involves so much more than just changing the oil, spark plugs and an engine clean. Choosing a trusted, reputable car service centre means that they will check for any underlying issues as well. The last thing you need is a misdiagnosis from an inexperienced mechanic and repair things that weren’t broken in the first place.
For those who use their car for business and can purchase a new car every few years, the tax depreciation benefits outweigh the maintenance costs of an older vehicle. However, if your car is privately owned, it’s best to maintain it properly and extend the lifespan. Combine that with your annual MOT and your car will look after you and your family while saving money in the long-term.
When Should I Service My Car?
Not every car has the same service intervals but most manufacturers recommend a car service every 12,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. Following the maintenance schedules from the manufacturer is essential for various reasons, including extending the engine life.
While some cars have a self-diagnostic system that indicates a car service is due, too many drivers ignore it. This only leads to bigger problems which not only affect your safety but also potentially costly repairs.
We strongly recommend that drivers take any dashboard warning light seriously even if they occur before the scheduled car service. It’s usually easier (and cheaper) to repair something early on before it potentially becomes more serious.
What Type Of Car Service Do I Need?
The type of service you choose is essential as it depends on the service your car had the last time. Perhaps you need a more thorough inspection than usual or maybe some vital parts need replacing. If you are unsure about the car service you need, we’ve included a simple list below:
- Regular maintenance includes replacing the oil and oil filter
- An Interim Car Service can occur every 6 months or 6,000 miles (whichever comes first)
- Full Car Service is every 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first)
- A Manufacturer Service is according to the stipulated service schedule in the vehicle owner’s manual
Car Servicing At Elite Garages
At Elite, we specialise in servicing vehicles of all makes and models, exactly as they should be while giving you total peace of mind in terms of any warranty claims. We also only use original manufacturer’s parts with qualified technicians and highly-experienced mechanics.
Our car service packages are tailor-made for you and include ALL the necessary checks you’d expect from any premium dealership but without the higher cost. The Elite Standard Service starts from £103 while the Elite Premium Car Service are from £180.
What Does A Standard Car Service Include?
Car services do vary depending on the age of your vehicle but they usually include changing the engine oil and oil filter. Some services may also include replacing the spark plugs in petrol cars, antifreeze engine coolant, brake fluid or power-steering fluid.
Among others, the Elite Standard Car Service includes the following:
- Check battery
- Check windscreen wipers, windscreen washer operations and top up
- Top-up power steering reservoir where applicable
- Check and top up all fluids including coolant/antifreeze, engine oil, transmission fluid and brake fluid
- Drain engine oil, refill and replace oil filter
- Tyre condition, pressure, tread and record the readings (including the spare)
- Wheel balancing
- Check condition of fuel lines
- Test and report brake fluid boiling point (if applicable)
For a more detailed breakdown, check out our Standard Package online.
What Does The Elite Premium Car Service Include?
The Premium Service includes everything on the Standard Car Service along with many more, including the following, among others:
- Check handbrake, exterior lights, interior lights, horn and seatbelts
- Check heater plug indicator (Diesel)
- Ensure correct clutch operation
- Drain engine oil and refill
- Check for general oil leaks and wheel bearings for play or noises
- Check shock absorbers for operation (Springs condition)
- Remove wheels and check brake discs/pads for wear, cracks, corrosion and scoring
- Check callipers for leaks and operation
- Check propshaft/drive shaft and joints for play and leaks
- Inspect exhaust system for leaks security and noise
- Replace spark plugs if applicable
- Check for cabin/pollen filter replacement (report if due)
- Test starter motor for cranking operation and security
- Test alternator for charging operation and security
- Check cambelt replacement intervals (report if due)
For a more detailed breakdown, check out our Premium Package online.
Benefits Of Regular Car Servicing
Regular maintenance is a requirement, not a luxury as it checks all the core components necessary for smooth (and safe) driving. It determines whether your car needs replacement parts or fluids including brakes, power steering, oil and coolant. Here are some of the major benefits of regularly servicing your car:
- Services can help identify problems before they happen to save money on expensive repairs later on
- It ensures appropriate safety and efficient performance of all the components in the car extending the lifespan
- Car services can help reduce the risk of breakdowns
- Fewer breakdowns or accidents could result in lower car insurance premiums
- It maximises safety on the road for you, your family and other drivers
- Regular car services will help maintain the car value
The Value Of A Good Second-Hand Car
Keeping your car in good physical and mechanical condition will add great value when you decide to sell. The second-hand car market is a booming sector but it is competitive and your car needs to stand out. Aside from keeping the interior and exterior looking good, the true value lies in a full-service history or evidence of regular car services. This often attracts more buyers and can help you reach a higher selling price.
What Happens If I Don’t Get Regular Car Servicing?
Skipping a car service or two can become a real problem especially in terms of your MOT test, safety and book value. Your mechanic and the car log book speak volumes about how you treat your car when it comes to regular car servicing. The vehicle owner’s manual contains detailed information on how regularly your car should be serviced and it’s best to follow those instructions.
If you skip scheduled car services just to save on operating costs, you are putting everyone’s safety at risk while potentially risking paying a higher price down the line. There are many issues that could occur if you don’t service your car regularly. The most common are reduced fuel economy, poor driving performance and major mechanical issues.
Recommended Read: ‘Diving Habits That Could Damage Your Car’
Why Choose Elite Garages For Your Full Car Service?
Elite Garages provide dealership quality car services with exceptional value for money and no hidden costs. We perform vehicle maintenance and services on all makes and models plus tyres, batteries, shocks MOT’s and more. If you’re ever in doubt about our commitment to you, here is the ‘Elite Price Promise’.
“If you find a genuine printed cheaper price for the same product which is in stock we will meet or beat this price at the time of purchase.”
When your car service is due, simply fill in the online form and we will contact you to book your service. We’ve added even further value as you can save big when booking a PREMIUM Car Service with an MOT. To qualify, download the online voucher and present it at your nearest Elite service centre.